back to (modern) school blogging

It's been a while.

In the past two years, I've been away from this humble BlogSpot(TM) blog, experimenting with a move towards a WordPress(TM) platform.  But I just couldn't get the hang of it.  I had used WordPress for more disciplined writing on other sites (but that just made personal blogging feel more like a chore than self-expression), but I could never figure out how to set up the plugins that gave it all the bells and whistles on my own.  And worst of all, my readership was not just the intermittent trickle it is here (hello, all 4 followers I've retained over the years!) but nonexistent.  For better or worse, my claim to Internet fame remains on this blog.

I began to need a change from my change of pace.  Something without the customizable fussiness of WordPress, something more like the "type in a box and press Publish" simplicity of the interface that got me posting online in the first place.

Something that plenty of the bloggers I enjoy reading still use for personal musings and community to this day.

So here I am... again.

To kick things off, I'm trying again at modern school week!  Last year's attempt in WordPress exile fizzled, but with the upcoming 43rd annual reunion of the Friends of the Modern School coming up this Saturday, I want to see if I can post something Modern School-related every day this week!  (No I haven't attended all 43... more like the last 10, give or take.)  My blog post about the 2006 reunion is the most comprehensive overview I've written of this unique educational experiment so far, but that should change... this week!

Update: aaaand the very first promise I make when returning to blogging, I fail to keep.  That's why I try to avoid making promises about personal blogging...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the Carl Sagan memorial blog-a-thon

AOL Hometown shutting down, and taking a bit of bronze with it

Early animated feature "The Adventures of Prince Achmed" screening in NYC