Worst Blu-ray cover ever: National Lampoon's Vacation.

There are plenty of terrible Blu-ray covers out there, but none of them can quite match the one for National Lampoon's Vacation.
The theatrical poster had a badass illustration by Boris Vallejo in the style of his own sword-and-sorcery book covers:
Then, the DVD cover used what I would have bet my life was the crappiest possible Chevy Chase photo on it:
Luckily I didn't make that bet, because the Blu-ray cover achieved the Herculean feat of using an even crappier Chevy Chase photo.  Feast your eyes on this:

Comments

The DVD cover for Vacation is the reason why I refuse to buy it, even though I love the movie. It's such a slapdash photoshop job that they might as well have put "we refuse to pay Boris royalties to use his art" on the cover right night to Chase's floating head.
Joel Schlosberg said…
Roland Saint-Laurent, thank you for leaving a comment on my humble blog... I looked it up, and it's been 3 years since I last got one!

Exactly... this is the sort of Blu-ray cover that kills the impulse to collect. Ironically, all three of the VHS covers (in 1983, 1995, and 1999) use Vallejo's illustration!

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the Carl Sagan memorial blog-a-thon

AOL Hometown shutting down, and taking a bit of bronze with it

Early animated feature "The Adventures of Prince Achmed" screening in NYC