Blog maintenance

Over the last few months, I've been making some incremental minor changes and improvements to the blog. I'm not slapping a "2.0" label or anything like that, but I feel it's worth keeping track of; they should add up to a better site experience. This includes, in no particular order:
  • Somewhat belatedly, switching over to the new version of Blogger
  • Cleaning up the HTML coding on pictures (and adding a few new ones)
  • Adding categories (a New Blogger feature) and extending the categories back to older posts
  • Deleting spam comments
  • Deleting some posts I was unsatisfied with
  • A major reorganization and expansion of my sidebar (made much easier by New Blogger), making it a much more complete account of my stuff around the web
  • Finally getting a traffic analyzer, via Site Meter, providing a lot more info about traffic than I had (which was basically none)
And also ... I'm going to try to commit to a more regular posting schedule; I make no promises, but will try to post at least every 3-4 days.

As always, feedback is important, so let me know what you think of any of the changes I'm making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the Carl Sagan memorial blog-a-thon

AOL Hometown shutting down, and taking a bit of bronze with it

Early animated feature "The Adventures of Prince Achmed" screening in NYC